FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

28 January 2011

COUTURE FILES: Spring 2011


It's couture time in Paris, and all of my favorite designer shows are surfacing as we speak. I'm not as happy with the collections, as I was with pre fall. Hence my HUGE pre-fall post prior to this. But i'm definitely intrigued by a few looks and of course FREAKING OUT as usual with the Givenchy show. I swear I was Ricardo Tisci in a past life. He understands me completely in fashion guidelines and i'm always so moved by his work..

I was taken back and really surprised by Armani Prive. I loved the 2060 life on Saturn vs 20's chic kind of feel. Well at least that's the feeling that was rubbing off on me..There were some major connections to my 2 favorite shows of the season- ONE MAINLY BEING PHILIP TREACY did headpieces for both Givenchy and Armani Prive and we could safely say he make's the weirdest, fiercest HATS on this planet as we know, if not the whole entire galaxy. Take a gander!

Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture

and here again @ Armani Prive Spring Couture 2011

OPULENT!

I really liked quite a few looks in Armani, but then right in the middle of the collection there was this weird change of color and style for a good 10 looks and I didn't like any of it. But then it slowly went back to the original concept it was going for. Love the inspo (slang for in-spi-ra-tion) taken from light shining off gemstones and love all the metallic suits and definitely love the headwear.




Givenchy is another story.

I loved the whole collection as usual. SO beautiful. He took a lot of reference to Japanese architecture of modern times and origami (see the crane). And to go along with his underlying thoughts, Tisci used all the TOP Oriental supermodels of the moment for his presentation. Ming Xi, Shu Pei Qin, Tao Okamoto, FEI FEI SUN, Du Juan, Jiang Xiao Yi just to name a few. Sorry i'm kind of a model watcher. That was probably overwhelming! 

There were small, slight changes, but mostly it was an evolution of last season's collection..The zipper pulls were bones last time and now they're wings. The same color palette was used with just a small addition of bright green and yellow. Moving forward, I appreciate his attention to every detail on each piece, which is carefully reviewed and inspected before it hits the runway. I read somewhere that one piece took 2000 hours of cutting and 4000 hours of sewing. TALK ABOUT DEDICATION TO YOUR WORK. I can always love a perfectionist. 





I'm still putting my thoughts together about Christian Dior Haute and Jean Paul Gaultier. John Galliano always portrays a reserved, insanely well dressed Parisian prototype every season, but is it a little too drag queen sometimes to be taken literally? Because I swear that one day Divine or Hedda Lettuce is gonna come jumping out of his clothes.

And JPG was..
well with that being said
 I'll end this post with it half open...

DO YOU THINK FASHION HAWKS CAN BE GLAMOROUS?

I'm still unsure about how that sits with me from the JPG couture show.. It's hit or miss. So good or so trashy? You tell me..

No comments:

Post a Comment