FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

17 July 2011

Missed Connection?





=

After reviewing the latest Christian Dior Fall 2011 Couture collection...I can't seem to get Peg Boggs and the infamous Avon ladies out of my head from the 1990 hit, Edward Scissorhands. There is a strange connection linking the two. I'm not sure if it's the matronly form of dress or just all the right pastels..I can't quite put my finger on it. But if this movie was teleported to 2011, this would be the modern mannequins of these fabulous women! What do you think?


This was the first collection Bill Gaytten designed as the head creative director of Christian Dior/John Galliano. I must say, the tailoring was impeccable and I loved the festive prints, colors, and headpieces. But good things must always come to an end. It turned into a trainwreck towards the end. It didn't make much sense to me as a whole collection. I didn't see a cohevise theme and grew tired by look 20. Nobody will ever be able to replace or go to the extent of John Galliano, but afterall not every single collection from the late famed designer was loved by the critics...so i'll watch closely over the next few seasons before I make a decision on his efforts!

(photos via google & IMDB)


 Can't get this out of my head!

Resemblances?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment