FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

11 June 2011

BRB, I'm busy RESORTING


I always find it very overwhelming during fashion week of any season to post about everything you LOVED during the presentations. Between the shows you actually attend, the shows you're dreaming of sitting front row at (in spirit, of course!), and the ones that are happening worldwide while you're living in the busy metropolitan of NYC...It's just TOO MUCH TO HANDLE! There aren't enough characters to even begin to express what I feel, see, or experience during those magical days in my years as a fashion patron.

It's currently Resort, one of my favorite seasons...besides couture & fall/winter..and i'm seeing major trends from all the designers + falling in love with so many collections!


Lets get started!

Narciso Rodriguez Resort 2012

The balloon-like shapes were desirable, the prints were incredible, and the variation of flats, mules, and strappy wedges in a neutral color block scheme were a perfect balance to a bold presentation from Narcisco Rodriguez.



Louis Vuitton Resort 2012

I was lusting over the resort for LV since I clicked the first selection on style.com. The prim and proper mixed with chic and sassy looks clad onto Arizona Muse were the perfect direction for Resort 12' from the French fashion house! And these shoes are SO amazing. Love those sporty wedges in red/blue denim & the Tod's esque driving loafers and chunky pumps!

Theysken's Theory Resort 2012

So moody and 70's. I love the " I just threw this on, but I look a million bucks
 look. Theysken's Theory is a new favorite for me. I've only been watching the collections for a few seasons, but i'm falling hard for it. 

Finale @ Acne Resort 2012

Self Explanatory. 
A modern take on 50's polished glamour.. 

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony Resort 2012

Taking it back to high school are we? This varsity chic resort collection presented by Chloe Sevigny was such a bad ass repoire of herself, but so cheeky and feminine at the same time. She's really good at pulling that off. I met her during her last launch for Opening Ceremony back in February, I definitely died when she said she loved my look. 

Jason Wu Resort 2012

Big city girl stuck in the Hamptons is exactly what I thought when I saw this. It's so prim..but still has an edgy appeal with neon embossed bags, bright striped sandals, and random prints everywhere!

Erdem Resort 2012

Huge fan of Erdem. Always love the florals. These are different then before..very light brush strokes that come to life like a Monet. For the not so average, conformed, wild child.

Helmut Lang Resort 2012

Always bringing asymmetry and draping to the table, no matter what season it is!

Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort 2012

I'm all about the all red looks. This color has torn up the runways the last 2 seasons and it's not stopping yet. So beautiful! And these 70's prints remind me of some out of date Tommy Bahama shirt my grandfather would wear, but they've updated the colors for a rich, ultra luxe look!

Cushnie et Ochs Resort 2012

I love the minimalist approach from Cushnie. I've only seen a few collections from this designer. Randomly came across a presentation from the brand during a fashion week show at Milk a few seasons back! I was immediately interested.. It's like Calvin Klein and Donna Karan all wrapped up into one..Simplicity is key when working with et Ochs! I can appreciate it being overdone or this. But they do this oh so well!!!! Keep on the look out from whats to come!

(photos via Style.com, Flingly, I-Blogged, Elle, Fashionista)


WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE THUS FAR FOR RESORT?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment