FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

03 October 2010

AN EVENING WITH L'ELITE

I'm finally back to NYC and it's a beautiful day in the city! After a week and a half of raining and floods all over the east coast, Mother Nature finally gave us a break! While I was in Beantown I actually had the chance to check out this great boutique located off Newbury Street in Copley Square. 

It's a store carrying evening and bridal collections from all over the US as well as overseas, along with many haute couture pieces! I learned about a lot of new designers from Europe and the Middle East that i'm dying over! They had a small viewing with champagne and h'orderves and I was happy to have been a part of it!



I loved this dress! It has this huge cape that billows over the entire dress with a really stiff collar, the material was pretty incredible!


Marchesa? YES PLEASE!


During recent seasons, I've found a new appreciation for exotics and feathers, and this was too glam for me to not try on and take a photo of. I felt like I was playing dress up in my grandmothers close from 1940.

I loved the variety of surface in the store. There were so many different "types" of dresses, and anyone who knows me well knows I love color, patterns, and textures!




I love this color! It's such a vibrant shade of purple...more of a fuschia and it was constructed with clean lines and fit fabulously, I wish it was a la carte so I could just have the matching jacket! 0__o


Even though bridal doesn't interest me, I still had to take a peek upstairs to see what they were working with since I heard so many designers that I worship were carried upstairs in the salon..



As much as i'd like to say Gareth Pugh or Jean Paul Gaultier would make my wedding attire, I dont want to come out looking like a mutant on such a special day...THIS WILL WORK. :) Layers and layers of ruffles. YOU CAN NEVER OVER DO IT. Theres no such term. People remember when you don't do enough.


If you're ever in Boston and this is what you're looking for, check them out!

121 Newbury St
Boston, MA


KISSES FROM COUTURE LAND

Ciao xx

No comments:

Post a Comment