FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

03 March 2011

Mind in the gutter

Sorry for the hold up in recent posts. It's been 8 long days since i've made a new entry, and I feel naked as if I've lost a part of me! It's just been a really busy week! With the ending of fashion week and getting back into a regular schedule, starting my new job working at local LES boutique CONVENT, (which i've actually done a feature about on my blog), and moving into a new loft in Brooklyn and packing for my up coming 10 day trip home to the South this weekend, I'M WHIPPED. By the way, I also have an interview on friday at the Balenciaga showroom for a part time internship! I'm so excited! I'd love to work at the showroom. It'd be a great opportunity to make higher connections in the industry and make headroom for myself as I go.

But I must say, I'm ready to have a little yee-haw in my step for a short while! I plan on doing a lot of thrifting while I'm at home..i've got a lot of items I'm on the lookout for for the upcoming spring season, as well as some consignment I am looking into. I plan on visiting Lula B's antique mall and my favorite place in the world GENESIS with my aunt and mom and making a day out of it.. If you're ever in Dallas, you have to check it out for cool threads and AMAZING finds.

I'm currently still editing content from fashion week, and will probably randomly release it at a later date just because i'm ready for fresh content and the news is SO last week! ;) But lots of new and exciting things are coming in the next few months and I can't wait to share them with you!

In the mean time, i've been keeping close watch with fashion week in it's prime overseas. There were quite a few highlights for me from London & Milan.

My 3 favorite collections in London had to be Mary Katrantzou, Christopher Kane, & Basso & Brooke.

Look 10-Mary Katrantzou F/W 11'

Look 9-Basso&Brooke

Look 20-Christopher Kane

Milan had me thrown with ties between Trussardi 1911, Prada, & Jil Sander. ALL SO BEAUTIFUL

Look 31-Jil Sander

Look 26-Prada

OBSESSED WITH ALL THE PYTHON IN THIS COLLECTION. It's going to be the new trend for the 2011 fall season. I'm calling it now! it's randomly popping up on runways worldwide, and i'm feeling the same vibes for the season. Hoorah, Prada!

Look 16- Trussardi 1911

I'll be honest, i've never paid much attention to this brand, but I saw the first look and I immediately refreshed the page on Style.com. I'm in love with the whole collection. The palettes, textures, and silhouettes accentuate each other perfectly! And the shape of the hats are just amazing. I love the see through red vinyl shield on some variations of the hats. It remind me of those tennis visors women wear in the summertime. SPORTY & CHIC. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them in the near future.

Another SURPRISE for me was Roberto Cavalli. I've never been a fan, it's too cheesy euro-cheap italiano for me, but I actually loved the collection. It was a risk taker for Cavalli but he stepped up and brought game. I love all the dark, moody prints and feathers!

Look 1- Roberto Cavalli

Such a great look from this brand! I love that they opened the show with new top model, Mariacarla Boscono! She's soooooooooooo good in my book. She's walked almost every major show this season. It must be her year!

As Paris is just beginning, i'm going to wait til the end before I decide who my faves are but right now i'm already seeing hits with Gareth Pugh, Thierry Mugler, Hakaan, and newcomer in womenswear, Damir Doma. I'm in love with his menswear, which is shocking because there are very few men's designers I follow, but he is definitely one of them and he's killing it for women. I absolutely love this collection, and the look he attained was flawless.

Look 12-Damir Doma

&

Look 28-Damir Doma.

So these are my highlights thus far throughout the MERCEDES BENZ F/W 11' SHOWS, and am looking forward to seeing more from Paris over the new few days.

Bon Voyage!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment