FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

02 August 2011

Dream Wardrobe - Prada Fall/Winter 2011


(photos via fashionologie & stylecaster)

If you weren't completely envious reviewing this collection during Milan fashion week in March, then you're probably foaming at the mouth after seeing the first detail shots for the Prada F/W 2011 campaign.

It gets better every season. I went crazy over her minimalist baroque spring presentation...full of bananas, monkeys, stripes, and the whole nine yards. Now we're talking extreme color/texture pairings and a copious amount of exotics for fall. It's enough excitement to make a luxurious woman have a MAJOR ready to wear breakdown.


I NEED THE FUR CAP ASAP!
(Immediately channeling the synchronized swimmers that would wear the petal bathing caps in the pool)
(1950's bathing caps via google)

And for anyone who loved the precise color and pattern blocking as much as I did, she took inspiration and revamped the original idea from the iconic YSL dress that shaped fashion modernism..

(Yves Saint Lauren "Mondrian" dress, 1965 via google)

Many other references came from the silhouettes of the 20's and 60's when women's fashion was emancipated. Miuccia took a deeper look into the cliche "glamorous" pieces a lady could own and redefined their innocence! Time to take a second look into some of those timeless adult elements of the past!

This is seriously my dream wardrobe!
 (I think to myself if I could buy one entire collection..I know Prada would be ON THE TOP of my list.) I absolutely love the direction Mrs. P has taken for each of her brands, Prada and sister label, Miu Miu over the last 3 years! Not only is she designing for the future of fashion, she can make any man or woman look amazing from head to toe.



Check out the campaign video above!


Photographer: 
Steven Meisel


Models: 
Frida Gustavsson
Kelly Mittendorf
Julia Zimmer
Ondria Hardin
Antonia Wesseloh


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment