FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

25 May 2012

Impossible Conversations at the Met


(Photos featuring looks from SS2007 buttons, leather gladiators dresses from A/W 2009, SS11 minimal baroque, and current F/W 2012-13)

It's that time of year again. The Met Ball marked the opening presentation for the latest fashion collaboration at the Met. This year, one of my favorite designers Miuccia Prada was compared to the young works of Schiaparelli (another famed designer from the early 19th century) for their critically acclaimed similarities and appreciation for unique glamour. I took advantage of the rainy NY weather were having and spent my day uptown yesterday. The fact that I was practically melting over every piece in the exhibit is probably an understatement. I've followed her for years watching every collection the second it hits style.com and now to see these one of a kind works up close in person is just a whole different experience. As for the film noir playing blankly on the back walls, I appreciated the recreation of a possible conversation between the two creators that was actually completely impossible in the sense. Since they never allow photography, I always have to use my super secret skills to maneuver a few iphone shots for some kind of visual documentation. Mission accomplished. I had to buy the book and a few postcards to add to my ever growing collection of coffee table reads. I'll post photos! 

It is perfection<3

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment