FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

28 February 2013

New York Fashion Week Top 10 FW13 picks

*click photo to see full post
When it comes to fashion, in a way I expect certain elements to embody the collections of the designers representing within that city. Thats how I first adapted my favorites through all of the talent within each area of the industry. A little weird I guess, I just look to NYC to give me that pretty, but powerful  downtown girl street edge, while I look to London to give me the punky Brit vibe through vibrant prints and strong silhouettes. Then theres Milan, where I DIE for Italian fashion. The gaudier the better, they have a brilliant way of influencing history and art all around them with fashion and presenting it in a quirky, but forward manner. For Paris, I expect ELEGANCE!!! Always, hard or soft, dark or light, JUST GIVE ME GLAMOUR. Paris is where my mouth drops dead for class beyond any Alexis Carrington Colby you've ever seen. This city holds the demure fantasy of an ideal woman.


...With that being said, these were my favorite collections (in no particular order, LOVED them all!) that I was really looking for during NYFW!



3.1 Phillip Lim
Alexander Wang
Proenza Schouler
Prabal Gurung
Rag & Bone
Kenneth Cole
BCBG Max Azria
Herve Leger
DKNY
Michael Kors 
(SHOCKER)..sorry. I'll be honest, i've never been a fan of his work, but I like the direction he's taking with American sportswear. It's finally at a level i've responded to. :D

Also to add, I absolutely loved a few mature collections shown here as well from the likes of Jason Wu,  Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, & Oscar de la Renta!

Marc Jacobs always has a way of dressing the woman's body beautifully. And theres always a story with a picture perfect atmosphere to match it! *I CLEARLY still enjoy the fantasy within fashion*







(all videos/photo via youtube/google)

 I'm so happy to see John Galliano back at a fashion house, regardless of the past, set that aside for the real job which is to design cohesive, one of a kind collections for the world to see. 

Thats a wrap on #NYFW FW13 edition, kitties!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment