FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

31 October 2011

Fashitorial #7 Tricks & Treats: Halloween 2011 Edition

 
(photos via Haute Macabre)

Editorial: Tim Burton's Tricks & Treats
Publication: Harper's Bazaar Magical Fashion issue 2009
Photographer: Tim Walker
Styling: Jacob K, fashion editor
Models: Malgosia Bela, Evelina Mambetova, & Sophie Srej

In spirit of the spooky holiday, I'm revisiting one of my favorite eerie editorials from Harper's Bazaar a few years back right before the MOMA released an amazing exhibition on the works of  the legendary, Tim Burton! In return, he recapped his favorite dark & devious delights from the fashionable runways in Europe. The result? A super luxe editorial featuring some of the most sought after couture pieces from the likes of Margiela, McQueen, Ralph Lauren, Givenchy, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Nina Ricci! The black feathered McQueen dress, Ricci heel-less shoes, and creme Ralph Lauren cape/corpse bride gown are just a few of my picks. Those are on my "I GUESS I'LL BE DREAMING FOREVER" wish list for my closet and will be for quite some time.

To be honest, I can't believe it's already Halloween again. This time last year, I was in LA packing up to move to NYC, but found time out of all the moving to dress up like a crazy 90's raver barbie and prowl the streets of WeHo in my brightly, concocted outfit complete with platform boots and an unhealthy amount of glitter. It feels more like December 31, rather then October 31 with all the snow NYC got over the weekend. I'm glad it cleared up by today and i'm happy to report it's sunny out! I unfortunately skipped out on the annual V Magazine Halloween party last night so I could rest up for today's festivities. Planning on going to the parade in the village with friends this evening and eventually ending up at Dream Hotel to dance the night away with all the ghouls and goddesses! As per usual, i'm throwing a costume together last minute, so we will see what I come up with..

Enjoy!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment