FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

24 September 2010

ECO FRIENDLY FASHION


First off, i'm doing a shout out to another amazing blogger Jane Aldridge from Sea Of Shoes! I absolutely love her blog and have been following it for years and had the chance to meet her outside of Bergdorf Goodman during fashion night out and took a photo with her! She's so sweet and talented! She was actually in town for some work with Vogue Nippon! So awesome! She's definitely someone I look up to in the fashion world!


During the events here in NYC, they held a select list of shows at a really great venue called the Metropolitan Pavilion and were supporting a courteous approach to today's world of fashion. They worked with various designers who used products that are conscientious to the environment and animals. Even though I personally make the choice to wear leather and fur, doesn't mean it's not a good cause..I was happy to be a part of it. I love that it's represents a green awareness appeal and is still wearable and chic. A lot of eco friendly brands don't do so well with the development of their products and I was quite surprised with the talented men and women who showed! These are the shows and my photos from them..

ASHTON MICHAEL:








FINALE VIDEO:


LAVUK:





FINALE VIDEO:


DRESS REFORM:






DETAILS:





FINALE VIDEO:



The whole collection had references to ethnic art and the models walked to the sounds of drums and amazing instruments. It was quite a soothing setting. It gave off a huge tribal feel and I was really enjoying some of the accessories used. The stacking of bangles, the bells on the feet, and the head wraps!


SAMANTHA PLEET:

















DETAILS:




I really loved this collection by Samantha Pleet. It was so fun and girly and every single look was styled to a tee. The prints used were recyclable and FABULOUS, as were the accessories! I wanna get my hands on that netted tunic!

Thats all for now! So stoked for the Brooklyn Flea Market again tomorrow! Always great finds!

Ciao xx



No comments:

Post a Comment