FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

29 September 2010

NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD FOR RODARTE S/S 2011

I'm currently sitting outside of King's Chapel in Boston admiring the scenery and typing away on my laptop. I can't seem to stop drooling over the new Rodarte shoes for Spring! As everyone knows in recent years, Nicholas Kirkwood has been the designer for the Rodarte runway shoes. He's been one of my favorite shoe designers for years. He really can turn a shoe into a work of art. From the style, the detail, down to even the straps. It all comes together to create a beautiful creature that molds to your feet...creepy how I described it..I know!








WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS SEASON'S COLLECTION OF SHOES.

 The taupe toned heels, the wood work, the beautiful shading of blue on shoe pictured above. It's just amazing! Dare to dream, but one day I will own a million shoes by him. Does anyone see an evolving theme for his shoes from previous seasons till now? 

A LOOK AT PAST RODARTE SHOES BY SEASONS:

A/W 2010:

These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes he ever created. I love the dripping candle wax effect! It really adds texture to the shoe and stands it apart from any other pieces out there currently..which is exactly what he is known for achieving..INDIVIDUALITY.



S/S 2010:

His work with metals in this season was great. It really gave the bad ass chic appeal and reminded me of a futuristic fem bot. These shoes define KILLER.





A/W 2009:

The infamous "hip boot"




photo credit: Style.com/Google images


HE'S A GENIUS!


Ciao! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment