FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

06 February 2012

A plaid day, I'd rather have it that way


Photos by Miguel Rodriguez/Kris Kidd

I've been referencing a lot of early grunge-esque collections from the likes of Jean Paul Gaultier, Commes des Garcon, and Junya Wantabe lately. So I set off to recreate some of my favorite looks. On my very first stop, I came across this awesome tartan plaid at No Relation vintage in the East Village. It was tucked away behind this huge rack of hideous skirts and I just happened to stumble upon it. I love when that happens. That place has been my go to spot lately for random, off-the-wall findings. Great staples like furs, hats, shoes, and really old shirts + a designer find every once in awhile. Also managed to walk out with a V2 Versace Sport sweater in cobalt blue. They have a huge selection of bitchin' printed button up's from the 60's and 70's for $5 that i've stocked up on. 

There is something so romantic about a high collar..I just can't get over it

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment