FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

15 February 2012

Digital Girl at Prabal Gurung F/W 2012


You gain some, you lose some..

I had the honor of attending the Prabal Gurung F/W 2012 show over the weekend at the IAC building, and boy was I in for a treat. I've been a huge fan for several seasons now, but this is the first time i've had the chance to see his collection in person! So I jumped on it.  There were so many highs for me! I loved the insect jewelry/accessories done by Dana Lorenz of Fenton/Fallon, the collaboration of gold shoes with Nicholas Kirkwood, the trippy digital prints of mushrooms, floor length beaded gowns, blade runner makeup, Balenciage-esque tennis visors,and last but not least his feminine approach to a classic varsity jacket by adding frilly textures that glittered in the light like diamonds. Need I say more? Oooh la la. Does anyone else see a major 90's grunge made glamorous kind of attitude? He is proving that he can make a darker aesthetic look luxurious and feel ethereal. He is establishing his name as a household brand. I hope it's not a temporary setting because he has the potential to be a legend in the making. Stay tuned!

PS: I had that moment in every fashionistas life, where the stakes are raised and you get thrown into the shark pool of editors and the fashion elite. My seat was interestingly placed behind Zoe Saldana & Michelle Harper, and DIRECTLY across from Anna Wintour and her colleague, so I put my camera zoom to good use and got her first reactions after the collection was over with. I managed to speak with her for a moment after it was over to get her thoughts on Prabal + tell her what a great job she is doing in the new year with the magazine. I felt pretty major after that! She's a huge influence in the fashion industry, regardless if you support Vogue or not! It was a 50/50 day. Gained a few shows I'd never seen, but managed to miss my beloved Sally LaPointe's show by about 90 seconds. First time in 4 season of going, and my camera acted up during Alexander Wang! DOUBLE OUCH!
(Pictured with fellow style mavens, IDIOSYNCRATIC FASHIONISTAS, Valerie&Jean)


Also as I was walking out, I managed to get snapped by legendary style photog, Bill Cunningham for the NY Times Sunday Styles. Let me know if someone finds a clipping of it! I didn't get the paper that day!

More of my coverage from this week will slowly be surfacing, I'm just trickling it out as I have time between all the shows! If you're here in NYC, enjoy the last few days we have here before it moves to London!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment