FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

25 October 2012

The scenery at MMM x H&M launch party


( Wearing: Alexander Wang pants, jacket, and clutch, OakNYC shirt, WeWhoSee wedges, Zana Bayne  harness & Pat Field knuckle dusters)

I attended the MEGA chic MMM x H&M launch party Tuesday night at the 5 Beekman building in the Financial District. It was that time of year again to celebrate another bi annual collaboration between the mass retailer, this time with legendary conceptual artist Maison Martin Margiela. Known for being an experimental avante garde-ist, The Maison explores creativity through recycling and emotional transformation

I was anticipating this collection the second I heard about it back in March, to say the least..I knew it would be crafted to perfection. And as expected, it pleased. I was in utter disbelief of how amazing the interior of this abandoned building was. 9 floors of raw, untouched space. All dedicated to the works of MMM. That added with an elite crowd of celebrities and fashion mavens and you've got a full force party in the making. I bumped shoulders all night with the likes of SJP, Kanye West, The Beckerman sisters, AJ Mukumal, Alexander Wang (whom 1/2 my outfit was by) The MisShapes, Selma Blaire, Kate Bosworth, Mena Suvari, Julienne Moore, Helena Christensen, Allen Cumming, Chase Crawford, some of my favorite supermodels, and friends to name a few!

Instead of the typical runway show, they interpreted the collection via visual art and dance performances with choreographer, Anne Theresa De Keersmaeker and live installations by Noemi Goudal/Daniel Arsham spread throughout the venue on 3 different floors. The overall mood was haunting, yet beautiful. I felt like I was in some mysterious novel with an unknown ending. They were able to represent Margiela to the fullest with both art & design. 

As much as I loved ALL the pieces, I must forewarn you that some must only be for rail thin supermodels, because I had difficulty finding pieces that fit my long, lean body, and i'm usually a size 2/4 in pant, size 6 in jackets. So I went nuts on all the silver, industrial jewelry. The women's RTW must have's are the red draped dress, glass wedge ankle boot, outside seam leather biker jacket, and the candy clutches, if you're able to find your best fit!!

MMM x H&M will be available in over 250 stores worldwide starting November 15. So I better get plenty of wear out of my pieces before they go crazy among the masses! And you might even catch me at the Fifth avenue location day of trying to score that metallic clutch!

Thanks again to the lovely team over H&M/PR Consulting for having me out!

Get the full #MargielawithHM experience here
++ To learn more about MMM here
+++ check out artist Daniel Arsham &  Noemi Goudal

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment