FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

27 September 2011

Feast of San Gennaro



It's definitely that time of year again. I always get so excited for the week after the spring collections every September in NYC. If you're a New Yorker, i'm obviously hinting at the 85th annual Feast of San Gennaro that took place in Little Italy over the last 10 days, and my stomach is still currently recovering.. On the agenda? Traditional Italian food, wine, art, culture, religion...oh and more cuisine to be exact! It's always a great time with friends. And this year was very special embarking the eighty fifth year of the festival. I was sure to get a piece of the HUGE anniversary cake they were celebrating with. Also, if you're looking for a "guido" ladies, you'll be sure to find one here. Of course I witnessed all the usual stereotypes while trotting booth to booth in the streets: your typical Italiano, a crime family, an extremely fat father canoodling pizza & pasta, the Fabio, the old babushka's in head scarfs, and so on. I could keep going forever! Therefore, I'm not sure which is better..the food or the sights? :P So much free entertainment laughing at the ironic situations in life while being surrounded with anything and everything great about Italy.

So for my favorite hole-in-the-wall lasagna, a scoop of gelato, and fresh zappole & canoli..

I'll be waiting!

Until next year

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment