FACEBOOK TUMBLR INSTAGRAM TWITTER CONTACT

14 September 2011

SOPHIE THEALLET SS12



Attended Sophia Theallet SS12 show at Milk yesterday. Even though my style is urban and edgy, I can always appreciate the looks I could never pull off myself. One being feminine numbers and chic, soft silhouettes. She really knows how to dress a woman. When I think of her client, i'd imagine a poised, elegant mother of 3 on the UES of Manhattan pushing a baby bjorn in pumps.. Enough said. After reviewing many of the collections this fashion week, it looks like color blocking is here to stay for another year. It's a great trend, but will it actually stay fresh or burn out? I'm seeing mass retailers producing bold, colorful solids by the thousands everywhere I go. Eesh. Leave it one of them to ruin a good thing. But i'll take a full printed skirt any day. Lets try a new technique. Instead of color blocking, i'm all about mismatching prints. 

It may be distracting when focusing on an outfit with 4 patterns,
but it's fun and fabulous if done right!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment